Tuesday, November 14, 2006

30-Faces; Day 14


"Grandma"
Pencil/sketchpad, unretouched

This is the last picture I have of my grandma on my Dad's side. I hadn't been to see her in years as I was busy 'living life'. I now realize with such regret how much I missed those last years.

She had already lost her sparkle in this picture. She was quite a woman in her peak. Our favorite thing to do together when I'd spend the summer with her, was to go get a Dairy Queen Slush...I'd get orange, she'd get grape. Then we'd go to the laundromat and I'd help her do the weekly wash and we'd take it back to her house to hang on the 'line'.

This picture really evoked the most memory for me so far. It's bittersweet and I hestitated to even post it because it lacks her true spirit.

2 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

The memories that your drawings are bringing about are worth more money than any course one might pay for drawing. Blessed are the art makers.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Na said...

yes owen. you coined it my friend.

u know, i think this is my favorite.

she stood out the most to me.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home